THE CHAMPION

THE CHAMPION


So, as I dwelled upon these different ideas, I quickly found myself in the same place I've been with most things creatively. I didn't care.

It could be the current climate, my personal state of mind, or any one of another thousand factors, but I haven't felt passionate or excited about anything creatively lately.

With one exception: Food and cooking.

More specifically, cuisine.

Charcuterie. Cheese. Wild game. French, Japanese, Latin American techniques.


Finding and researching ingredients, techniques, and recipes lately has been the only source that has felt anything close to creativity.


So, although aesthetically it's diametrically opposed to the types of things I tend to gravitate to, I am going to pursue this idea and concept and where it takes me.


Once again, I am going to begin by strictly looking at the subject matter formally. As I work through different objects, I hope I start to form some relationships with the works and develop a concept beyond that.


We shall see where it goes.


I DO NOT want it to go the direction of cookbook photography or a food blog. I'm not trying to create an appetizing image, specifically. 


Some food-specific guidance:


Mauro Turatti

An advertising photographer, but I like the way some of his images portray food.






Charles Jones

A gardener, Jones' work wasn't discovered until the 1980s, 30 years after his death. His photographs have amazing tonal quality and beauty. His care and love for horticulture is evident in his stunning photographs.








LAZY MOM

An artist duo, LAZY MOM has a really neat, campy approach to art-making and food in particular. I like the quirkiness of their approach to food.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fries.